I am not the most religious person ever. I am not the best Mommy, daughter, sister, friend ever. Heck, I know I am not the best wife ever. I do, however, know that there are things in life that take my breath, they take my tears and they inspire me. I won't go into the stories behind these clips. For one, I will cry my eyes out. Secondly, I hope they touch you guys enough that it at least stirs some emotion. Third...I want to teach my daughter that this world CAN be good and that she can make it that way. The world we live in can be so, so cruel. But seeing things like these is a forever reminder, that no matter what, God is here too. Thank You, God!!
Again, I am not overly religious. I can't remember the last time I went to church. Yes...I am ashamed to say that. I want to change it and feel like my heart yearns for it. All I know is that I am inspired so often and long to change part of who I am to make a difference like things like these clips do.
I really hope you enjoy them. I know I do...and watch them over and over again. I need things like this in my life.
All I can say is what a tragedy. Riley and I had a "Come to Jesus" talk about this video just last night. After many tears, from her and from me. I feel like God was speaking through me. Again, Thank You, God!!
My cousin Holly was kind enough to hit my e-mail with this one day. I watched it at my desk at work and cried. I went to private catholic school 13 years of it. This clip made me literally cry my eyes out. I was so touched and realized just how true it is. We get distracted by so many things in life. Why can't we realize that God is ALWAYS!! there with us. Everything we do...(yeah I said I won't be talking about the clips...felt compelled...sorry)
For those who tried this one, I just realized it was not working. I have fixed the problem. Enjoy!!
Too cute and WOW! 2 and can sing the Our Father and knows the tune?....amazing!!
I hope these inspired you as much as they continue to inspire me!!
It's all for this little girl!!!
Please leave a comment with your thoughts.
Much love & Thanks!!
Friday, July 11
Inspiration
Posted by
Riley
at
5:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Ok YES I loved the song! Too sweet. I had seen that 2nd video before and we actually did a skit very similar to this at church camp when I was in high school. Isn't it awesome how it shows just what God does for us--it truly is amazing and something we just CANNOT take for granted. Thanks for the post! Love ya!
The videos are awesome. God is amazing and FORGIVING. Remember to keep talking to Riley. She wont remember the presents or the parties. She will remember that her mom was there for her. Love you all!
Hi Ames. A lovely, heartfelt entry in your blog from July 11. I've not been to the site for a while but it's great you've put those old photos of you and Brad on the site...puts the context of your love into some perspective these days eh?! You're both blessed and very lucky to have found each other again. Best Wishes to you both and Riley too x-x-x! PS You're moving back to Nashville in 2 years...fantastic news. You'll all be a little closer to me once you do...:-)
Amy, the videos made me boo hoo!! Thank you for the reminder to live each day to the fullest and never take a single moment for granted! Though I would not wish losing a child on anyone, this incident will first make people love like there is no tomorrow and second hopefully draw more people closer to God!! He is awesome and helps me in my life daily. I cannot imagine not having him to lean on. Amy I think God was speaking through you and you have to know he has a plan for you. You just have to put your faith and trust in him and he will lead you and Reily in the right direction! I am not a preacher and don't mean to sound like one but I think you have your head in the right place making sure Reily knows God and what he can do for her! You are being a great mom!!! Thanks again for the reminder, I needed it!!
Beautiful post. As you know, that song brings me to tears in the first few notes. There is just something about it. Our GOD is a God we will never understand but we don't have to understand Him to serve Him. Yes, I believe that we have to teach our children that nothing is impossible with God. One of my favorites quotes..."YOU must be the change you wish to see in the world". We can't leave it to everyone else. We have to take the initiative to do something about it. I received your comment a few weeks ago but couldn't publish it b/c we don't use our "real names" on the blog. Great to hear things are going well for you and Riley in TX. I know your family will be glad to have you home soon.
Blessings,
Mommy
Post a Comment